Founder, Jan 2014 - Nov 2015, atxcursions.com
Getting my MBA hard knocks style. Developed the reputation and customer base of a 5-10 year old tour business in 1 year. Man of many hats here, but I primarily took care of everything technology and marketing-related.
- 5 Star rated tour company in Austin, TX
- River tubing and brewery tours
- Profitable in less than 6 months
- Over 5000 customers in less than 1 year
- Growth-hacked our way to over 100, 5-star reviews in less than a year
- Addressed the market opportunity of getting a sober ride to and from BYOB river tubing
- Streamlined the process for optimal user experience: Take river tubing from a multi-step hassle to a one-click online booking solution. ATXcursions takes care of transportation, coolers, ice, booking, and tube rental
- A local business that we ran like a lean tech startup: no office, automation and software-driven everything, a few talented employees, UX-centric, fast-pivoting.
- Currently a non-managing owner